Hiring employees can be extremely time-consuming, but it’s important if you want to grow your business. If you get the process right, you’ll ensure you hire the right people. And if you look after your employees, they’ll stay with you longer and your business will perform better.
Here are 12 steps to follow in your next hiring process:
- Create a clear job description
- Determine who is doing the recruiting
- Ensure each employee has a Tax File Number
- Maintain accurate tax records
- Understand your tax obligations
- Remember key dates and tasks
- Obtain and display posters about employee rights
- Obtain workers’ compensation insurance
- Set up a payroll system
- Keep a file for each employee
- Make it easy for your employees to access all your cloud programs
- Be clear about goals and expectations.
Don’t forget to think about how you will retain and reward excellent work. There are many ways to do this other than salary and wages, like offering incentives and non-financial rewards. There is always more to the interviewing and hiring process to find the ideal candidate and we recommend digging deep and even moving to an expert to make the process smooth.