It’s important to be prompt and organised when scheduling appointments, as your clients need to feel important and valued. Having a process and plan to make sure this is happening correctly in your business is essential.
1. Administrator reviews appointments first thing each day.
Your first appointment may be at 9am, so you need to be ready. An unorganised business is not a good first impression.
2. Appointments shouldn’t be made prior to 9am or after 4.30pm, unless by prior arrangement.
It’s important to have access to your teams’ calendars to avoid having to reschedule any appointments. Again, organisation and clear communication is key.
3. All appointments should be a minimum of one hour apart, unless by prior arrangement.
When setting an appointment, consider what needs to be accomplished. This will help you decide how long the meeting should be and will help stop any appointments clashing. Confirm all appointments via text or phone call the day before to avoid any mix ups or no-shows.
4. Final appointments for exiting clients are to be marked as such in diaries, so the client’s records can be presented upon their departure.
This is an opportunity to leave your client with the best possible impression of the business.
5. If a client requests an appointment and reception is unable to confirm the suitability of that time, a tentative appointment is to be made, which should be confirmed with the client within two hours.
Phone tag is time consuming; offer time and date options for appointments instead of going back and forth. Get clear availability from your client so it is a smooth process when scheduling the appointment.
6. When an appointment has been made, add it to the team member’s diary with specific details about the appointment.
Details should include information about the nature of the appointment, the client, the time and date, as well as any other important details the client may have mentioned.
Aim to always be looking for ways to better improve your business. Reflect on your clients’ experiences and ensure that you display a professional and organised image in all areas of your business.